APA periodical format is not so difficult as it seems to be.
Remember these two things:
- the titles of the articles need to be in sentence-case (only the first letter is big);
- the author’s last name is followed by their initials.
Now all you have to do is to find the exact type of source you need to cite and copy its format in your paper.
In our citation examples we use the following color coding:
- Red – Author
- Blue – Title of book/article/charter/webpage
- Pink – Date
- Green – Title of journal
- Violet – Editor/Translator
- Black – Volume/Issue
- Sienna – Pages
- Gray – URL/database/website where the source is retrieved
- Gold – Book, a part/chapter of which is being cited
- Peach – Additional information about the source (i.e. its type, specific features etc.)
estimates. Forbes Magazine, 215, 1-3.
operations in 2011, documents show. Washington Post, pp. C3-C4.
8-11. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086/674429
Letter to the editor
actions [Letter to the editor]. The Washington Post, 233, 17.
Uniting diverse organizations: Managing goal-oriented advocacy networks, by A. Saz-Carranza]. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 24(2), 1-4.